OGK means Only God Knows
It means that there is no one that knows
Programmer: When I wrote this, only God and I understood what I was doing
Programmer: Now, OGK
NVM means Nevermind
It is a simple shortcut that is used for chatting
Ned: Who’s the owner of Microsoft?
Mike: Wait, I am going to look it up.
Ned: I got it! NVM
IDK means I Don’t Know
IDK just means that someone does not the answer to the question.
John: Is there life on other planets?
ROFL means Rolling on Floor Laughing
ROFL is an expression telling someone that you are laughing very hard.
Jon: What’s color blue and and smells like red paint?
Jon: Blue paint
ASL means Age, Sex, Location
It is an introduction used in chat. It gives away the most important things to make when starting a conversation. It was widely used on IRC.
chatPerson: ASL please!
noone: 29, M, Alexanderplatz
YOLO means You Only Live Once
- It means that you do something instead of being afraid.
- Living the life you want even if there are risks.
Mark: I don’t want to do bungee jumping
Peter: Why not?
Mark: It is too dangerous
Peter: Well, I am. YOLO
AMA means Ask Me Anything
An AMA is an open forum where you can be free to ask anything about the person, his work, etc.
I am the CEO of a Fortune 500 company. AMA!
We are members of the flight crew going to Pluto. AMA!
WTH means Where/What/When the Hell
It is a remark on some surprising and unexpected information. It is often a response in anger.
Dad: WTH did you go?
Dad: WTH were you thinking jumping in the middle of the road?
FWIW means For What It’s Worth
It is often said when you are giving a piece of information and it may or may not be that important.
Sample Usage in Conversation
Ned: FWIW, he still loves you
Browse Internet Slangs
- Web Development (169)
- Freebies (3)
- Applications (30)
- Linux (37)
- Database (4)
- Command Line (17)
- Releases (23)
- Meta (20)
- Opera Browser: Show Full Address with Query Strings or GET parameters
- Could not determine java version from '10.0.1'
- Gem::Ext::BuildError: ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension for the JSON gem
- Google Accounts: Sign out of all devices
- Git: Could not read from remote repository error
- Create Migrations for HStore, JSON and JSONB with Rails
- Rails ActiveRecord: Get last records
- Heroku: How to Restore Database dump
- Sass Cheatsheet
- ReactJS: JSX Patterns for New React Developers
- ActiveModel::ForbiddenAttributesError in ActiveAdmin
- How to center text in HTML
- Add Index on Rails Active Record
- CSS: Using Inline-block
- How to Delete a Git Branch Locally and Remotely
- How to Add Custom Labels to Active Admin Filters
- How to Modify the Width of a Column in Google Spreadsheet
- How to Add a Dropdown to a Google Spreadsheet
- React: Passing Props from one Component to another