The long awaited Drupal 8 has been released.
* In-context, what-you-see-is-what-you-get (WYSIWYG) editing and previews
* Comprehensive content modeling out of the box with entities, fields, and views
* Customization of content pages and even forms and administrative pages via the administrative interface
* Full translatability and localization out of the box
* Reliable configuration management for safe and straightforward deployment of changes between environments
* Mobile-first, responsive, HTML5 output
* REST-first native web services
* Enhanced accessibility and WAI-ARIA compliance
* Modern PHP standards and practices, with integration of popular libraries such as Composer, Symfony2, Guzzle, and Twig
* Significantly improved front-end performance out of the box
* Enhanced caching and best-of-class integration with CDNs and reverse proxies
* Full compatibility with PHP7, and the PostgreSQL and SQLite databases
* …And much more!
You can download the latest and most awesome version of the software to date here:
I myself, am very excited to work on Drupal in the next few days.